Sunday, February 22, 2015

So when I last posted on my blog, I had a few samples of subway art. It was well received and I ended up starting a shop on Etsy. It's been very fun to see the positive reactions that my creativity has had for feedback. It has been fun to work with friends, family, old roommates, and even complete strangers to create unique works of art to help people express themselves. The following are some of my personal favorites.

My ward asked me to make a poster and hand-out for our Relief Society's annual theme. This year's theme is "Be thou an example of the Believers" which is a quote from the New Testament in the Bible. I really like the mix of fonts and colors that this uses.

This next one is inspired by my favorite college roommate. She's had gallbladder issues but is afraid to have surgery. She asked me to make something for her to help remind her to make good food choices to stay out of pain.

On to another project. I made about 8 different posters for a teacher to display in her classroom. It was really fun to work with her and to help her. Everything that we made for her classroom was done in a matching color scheme. I love the whole series, but this one is my favorite. This is a 16x20 poster that she has hanging in her classroom of all of the prepositional phrases. (Random fact - if you Google search "preposition subway art" this is the first image result).
 
I just love the way that this next one turned out. I helped another old roommate make this. She told me exactly what she wanted. Her house is decorated in grey, pink and yellow. She wanted a specific quote from the book/musical/movie Les Miserables by Victor Hugo.

Another original piece that I made was for my uncle's funeral. He was an amazing man and my Mom asked me to make a subway art for his wife. We tried to include words that described him and told anyone who saw it what kind of man my uncle was. 
This final subway art was made after a friend from college suggested that I do something for the Disney movie Frozen. This has been by far my best selling item in my shop. I've sold over 20 of these in the past few months. I think it has turned out very cute and I've even customized it for several people's children.